Part-time Service Missionary Opportunities for Persons with Disabilities
Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work
For persons who may be unable to serve a full-time proselyting mission there are a number of opportunities available to serve as a part-time service missionary. You can find some of these opportunities listed on an official list of Mission and Service Opportunities for Senior Adults and Recommended Young Adults at LDS.org. This page is intended is provided to give an overview of the program and some examples of some of the opportunites that may be available. If you know of any additional opportunities or have more information on any of those listed below, please let me know
What is the Process of Being Called to Serve a Part-time Mission?
Begin by reviewing the The Church Service Missionary Requirements and list of Frequently Asked Questions. The FAQ that specifically answers the questions, "How do I get started?. Once you are familiar with the process, you can download the Recommendation for Part-Time Church-Service Missionary Form from the same Web site.
Here are some tips that may help you along in the process:
- Identifying an appropriate opportunity is often the most difficult step, fortunately there are some resources available to help:
- Again, the official part-time missionary section of LDS.org has a number of opportunities listed, organized geographically. Some of these opportunities are intended specifically for persons with disabilities.
- Talk with friends, family, priesthood leaders or others who have served part-time service missions. It may require coming up with a new area of service.
- Consider the ideas listed below under 'Examples of Potential Service Assignments'.
- The phone number for the Church-Service Missionary Department is (801)240-1458
- If supervision is required, do you know someone who may be able to assist?
- Take time to meet the supervisor at service assignments you are considering, discussing items such as transportation, schedule and expectations
- Considering using one service assignment as preparation for a future service assignment