I recently came across the Mormon Women Project that "celebrates women who have made deliberate choices — with the help of the Spirit and personal revelation — to overcome personal trials, magnify motherhood, contribute to communities outside their homes, or be converted to the Gospel". A few of the stories they have posted involve an experience with a disability, including the following:
- A Special Mother for Special Needs by Nancy McNabb who lost a daughter to SIDS and has a son with autism.
- Nothing is Impossible by Dee Dee Shipley who has diabetes and has adopted ten children with disabilities.
- Beyond this Mortal Coil by Lynn Anderson who had two children (now deceased) who were born with epidermolysis bullosa
If you enjoyed these stories and have a story of your own or would like to nominate someone, please see this How to Get Involved Page. They are looking for women who:
- Represent diverse cultural backgrounds
- Have overcome personal trials
- Magnify their callings at home
- Have unique career paths
- Are involved in their communities