"We urge leaders, teachers, neighbors, friends, and families to help increase awareness and understanding of disabilities."
Are you wondering where to start? Here is an idea, start in the area where you feel like the most help is needed or where you feel like you can make the biggest difference. Ready go!
Here are a few ideas to help get you started:
- Although it can be difficult, talking to your fellow ward members about your experiences can be one of the most important things you can do.
- Ask your ward or stake leaders about calling a ward or stake disability specialist.
- Share your story- write an article for one of the Church magazines or take a moment blog or even post Facebook about your experiences with disability in the Church.
- Share official Church Disability website from your blog, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest account.
- Submit photos to the Church of a member with a disability for use in Church publications.
- Join an online community around a topic that you are interested in. You can also start a new community.
- Reach out to find and talk to others in your ward, stake or community with a shared interest.
- Do research on a topic relating to the Church and disability.
- Help with the accessibility of Church websites
- Connect with people from others faiths to learn and share about disability.
- Contribute time or other resources to this website.
- Establish a new organization